CHIRALPAK ® AGP
Covalently bonded to the silica surface have [alpha] 1 - acid glycoprotein
USP L41 specifies the packing
AGP for the protein-bonded chiral column, silica gel surface covalent bonding α1-acid glycoprotein.
Suitable for inverting systems.
In all protein-bonded chiral column, has the most extensive scope of application:
- Amine compounds (primary amine, secondary amine, tertiary amine, quaternary amine compounds)
- Acidic compounds (strong acidic compounds, weakly acidic compounds)
- An aprotic compound (an amide compound, an ester compound, an alcohol compound, a sulfoxide compound, etc.)
|Filler particle size||CHIRALPAK ® the AGP: of 5 m|
|pH||pH 4.0 to 7.0|
|Temperature||20 to 30 ° C|
|The solvent was stored||The H 2 O / 2-Propanol = 85/15 (V / V)|
|Precautions for storage||In order to prevent high temperature and lead to protein denaturation, damage to the separation of chiral column capacity, it is recommended to save in the refrigerator (4 ℃)|
CHIRALPAK®AGP has extremely broad applicability for the separation of chiral drugs.
Basic compounds : CHIRALPAK®AGP、CHIRALPAK®CBH
Acids, Non-protolytic compounds : CHIRALPAK®AGP、CHIRALPAK®HSA
- CHIRALPAK®AGP has extremely broad applicability for the separation of chiral drugs.
- The protein-based columns function entirely in the reversed-phase chromatographic mode, using buffers with low organic modifier content and at moderate pH values.
- Possibility to dynamically improve enantioseparation.
CHIRALPAK AGP® has extremely broad applicability for the separation of chiral drugs.
- The chiral selector is alpha1-acid glycoprotein (AGP). This very stable protein is immobilized onto spherical 5 micrometer silica particles.
The CHIRALPAK®AGP column separates enantiomers of an extremely broad range of drug compounds.
- Amine (primary, secondary, and tertiary)
- Acids (strong and weak)
- Nonprotolytes (amides, esters, alchohols, sulfoxides, etc.)
- an amine (primary amine, secondary amine, tris stage amine, four amine compound)
- an acid compound (a strongly acidic compound, a weakly acidic compound)
- the aprotic compound (amides, esters compounds, alcohols, sulfoxides of the compounds, and the like)
CHIRAL-AGP is the second generation chiral separation column based on the use of α1 -acid glycoprotein (AGP) as the chiral stationary phase. Through a patented process α1 -AGP has been immobilized on porous, spherical silica particles (5µm). The surface chemistry of the silica proves a stable chiral separation material with extremely broad applicability.
Racemic amines, acids and nonprotolytic compounds can be resolved directly, without derivatization. The column enables resolution of a very large number of chiral compounds from different compound classes. This is due to the unique nature of the chiral stationary phase, and the fact that enantioselectivity can be induced by choosing a proper mobile phase composition.
Phosphate buffers with addition of organic modifiers are used as mobile phase. (1- and 2-propanol and acetonitrile are the most frequently used modifiers.) Enantioselectivity and retention can be regulated by changing the mobile phase composition; ie: the pH, the concentration or the nature of the organic modifier. The column temperature also affects these parameters.
The column should be used at room temperature or below. During short periods of storage (ie: weekends) it is recommneded to fill the column with 10% 2-propanol in distilled water. When the column is stored for longer periods of time it is recommended to fill with 15% 2-propanol in distilled water and place it in the refrigerator.
Cleaning of the Column:
If the column has been contaminated with very hydrophobic material, wash the column over night with 25% 2-propanol in distilled water at a flow rate of 0.2mL/min.
We recommend the use of a guard cartridge, in order to protect the analytical column from impurities with high affinity and particulate impurities. The guard cartridge should be replaced regularly; otherwise the column performance can be affected. This is of special importance in bioanalysis.
Country of OriginJapan
Internal Diameter (mm)2.1, 3, 4, 10, 2
Column Length (mm)10, 50, 100, 150
Particle size (µm)5, 10
Stationary PhaseCHIRALPAK® AGP
TypeAnalytical, Semi-Preparative, Guard (Pack of 2)
By searching structure and application you will be able to access over 2100 chiral separations some of which offer multiple separation conditions . We have included examples of CHIRALCEL® / CHIRALPAK® (Polysaccharide, Protein and Quinine / Quinidine) and CROWNPAK® (Crown ether) columns.
In addition, the application data of certain generic API compounds which are registered with the “USP, EP and JP Pharmacopeia are included alongside suggested alternative conditions found by Daicel scientists.
As when using any type of scientific equipment, chromatographers may experience some common issues when using chiral columns. These include issues with pressure, peak shape, and retention or selectivity. View our webinar by Dr. Weston Umstead, Technology and Business Development Manager at Chiral Technologies, to learn about possible causes and tips for diagnosing and solving these issues.