|Dimensions (h x d x w)||1030 x 1020 x 1020mm|
|Temperature range cold edges||Ambient +5 to 30°C|
|Temperature range hot edges||Ambient +5 to 45°C|
|Time/temperature recording via Squirrel data logger||•|
|Working area||760 x 760mm|
|EMC (emissions)||Class A|
Highly efficient bi-directional temperature gradient system for investigating responses to temperature shifts of seeds, small plants, insects, micro-organisms or any small component or material. The design is based on the fact that a temperature gradient results if one edge of a square aluminium plate is heated and the opposite edge is cooled.
The gradient runs in one direction for part of the 24 hour cycle and can then be automatically switched to run at a right angle to its original direction for the remainder of the cycle, to provide all possible combinations of minimum and maximum temperatures.
- Temperature range: +5 to 30ºC (cold edges)
- Temperature range: ambient +5 to 45ºC (hot edges)
- Perspex grid divides working area into 196 mini-incubators
- Multi-channel Squirrel data logger (included as standard) for recording time and temperature
- Over temperature protection is provided on each edge by fixed temperature cut-outs
- Robust, fully integrated system. Fitted with castors to assist with locating the unit
- A 24-hour adjustable timer controls the length of the two phases within the 24 hour cycle, and the switching of the gradient direction.
- A removable Perspex grid effectively divides the working area into 196 miniature incubators, each with a different temperature regime - allows many samples to be tested without the need for separate controlled environment chambers.
- Overtemperature protection is provided on each edge by fixed temperature cut-outs
- Multi-channel Squirrel data logger for recording time and temperature from five probes positioned underneath the plate - one in each corner and one in the centre - for later analysis by PC.
ManufacturerGrant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd
Country of OriginUnited Kingdom