UK Cancellation and Returns Policy
Order Cancellation Policy
Please contact our Customer Service Team or call 01463 830401 in the case you wish to cancel an order. Customer may be able to cancel orders of standard catalogue products at any time prior to picking/packing for shipment , subject to cancellation fees. The minimum cancellation fee is 30% of the order value.
Cancellation of custom products, non-catalogue products and not inventoried products at The Laboratory Store may be rejected.
Please contact your Customer Service Team in the case you wish to cancel an order.
It is The Laboratory Store policy to accept convenience returns of standard catalogue products (where customers have ordered items they do not require), within 30 calendar days of delivery by The Laboratory Store, subject to a minimum of 30% restocking fee of the invoiced value of the products being returned (minimum £150).
Please be aware that not all items are eligible for this convenience return service. We are only able to accept convenience returns for items which can be returned to stock and sell to other customers. For this reason, the following items are not eligible for this service:
- Products which have been discontinued from our range*
- Products classified as accessories, service parts or spart parts.
- Products not purchased from The Laboratory Store Ltd
- Products which are outdated, shelf-worn, used or defaced
- Products that are refrigerated, ATEX rated or temperature controlled products
- Products which have been customised to your requirements (e.g. factory fitted options)
- Products that must be shipped / stored under special temperature conditions (e.g. refrigerated, cold chain packaging)
- Products which have a too short shelf life and which are expired
- Products which are used, damaged, or defaced (any marking on original product packaging)
- Products which are not part of our stocked range**, one-off items sourced specifically at your request ***, or items which have been identified on our web page as a non-returnable item****
- Products which are imported from outside the UK
- Our Customer Service Team will come back to you promptly with instructions on how the request will be processed.
- Where it’s necessary to return any items to us, we will send you a returns document and instructions on how to ship these back to us. The authorised return must be shipped to the relevant Distribution Warehouse within 7 days of issue. You are responsible for the costs of transporting the item back to us, and on-going charges to return to the original manufacturer. Any items returned are to be in a new, unused condition, and in original packaging including labelling and fit for resale.
- Once we receive the item back in our warehouse and inspected for the condition, a credit note will be issued to your account. A refund is not issued. The credit will be equal to the value of the invoiced item, less the handling fees, and extended return shipping charges and where possible duties fees.
Customer must obtain a return goods authorization (“RMA”) from The Laboratory Store and reference the RMA number on return shipping documents prior returning the products to the designated return center (at Customer’s cost).
Please contact your Customer Service Team for further details on the return procedure to follow.
For the avoidance of doubt, this policy does not affect customer’s right to return products that develop faults or fail to perform to specifications during the applicable warranty period.
Shipping Error / Damage Policy
It is the responsibility of the Customer to perform reasonable inspection of all deliveries. Obvious external damage must be notified to The Laboratory Store within a maximum of 2-3 working days of delivery, together with a copy of the annotated delivery receipt as well as any relevant supporting documents evidencing the external damages (eg: photos). Delivery errors (eg. wrong product, wrong quantities) and physical damage to products visible from standard “out of box” inspection must be notified to The Laboratory Store within a maximum of 3-4 working days of delivery, together with a copy of the annotated delivery receipt as well as any relevant supporting documents (eg: photos). In the absence of such notifications, goods shall be assumed to be delivered in an undamaged condition. For the avoidance of doubt, this policy does not affect customer’s rights in respect of products that develop faults or fail to perform to specifications during the applicable warranty period.
* in the event an item is discontinued, this will normally be shown on our website within 24 hours. Discontinuations may occur where the manufacturer removes the product from its range.
** stock items can be identified from our website on the relevant product page (see the “Quantity & Availability” section). Non-stocked items will display an expected delivery date and not an available quantity.
*** these are items that are not part of our standard range, but which we may agree to source for you as a one-off accommodation. These are referred to as “Third Party Products” or “TPP”
**** these are items which will fall under one of the exemptions mentioned, or may also be due to external factors, such as supply chain controls, manufacturing controls, shipping restrictions are exempt from convenience return policy; for user convenience these products are identified on our web pages as non-returnable items.