- Acid Corrosive Cabinets
- Arabidopsis Chambers
- Air Compressors
- BOD Measurement
- Bunsen Burners
- Calibration Weights
- Cell Disruptors Ultrasonic
- Cell Manipulation
- Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Chromatography Columns & Consumables
- Climate Chambers
- Circulating Coolers
- Cold Boxes
- Colony Counters
- Colorimeters and Photometers
- Conductivity Meters
- Density Meters
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Dry Block Heaters
- Freezer Dryers
- Fume Hood Safety Containments
- Glove Box
- Hazardous Storage Cabinets
- Gas Generators
- Heating Mantles & Tapes
- Humidity Cabinets
- Ice Machines
- Kjeldahl Equipment
- Laboratory Air Drying Cabinet or Warming Cabinet
- Laboratory Glasswashers and Accessories
- Liquid Handling Products
- Melting Point
- Microbiological Safety Cabinets
- Mixing and Storage Vessels
- Multi Parameters Meters
- Organisers and Bins
- PCR Workstation and UV Cabinets
- Plant Growth Cabinets
- Pellet Presses
- Personel Protective Equipment
- pH Measurement
- Refrigeration - Refrigerators and Freezers
- Rotary Evaporator
- Sieve Shakers
- Spare Parts
- Specialist Application Products
- Thermal Cyclers
- Toxic Substance Cabinets
- Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Ultra Violet Products
- Vacuum Chambers
- Vibratory Feeder
- Water Purification Systems
- Water Stills
- Demonstration Stock
Retsch BB 200 Jaw Crusher, 230 V, 50 Hz, Manganese Steel / Stainless Steel - Breaking Jaws / Wearing Plates
The Jaw Crusher BB 200 is used for the rapid, effective crushing and pre-crushing of medium-hard, hard, brittle and tough materials. Its variety of materials offered, including heavy-metal free steel, its efficiency and safety makes it ideal for sample preparation in laboratories and industrial plants.
For small amounts of sample the BB 200 can be used batch-wise; for larger amounts it can be operated continuously. Control of the gap width and zero point adjustment allow for reproducible results. The Belleville spring washer protects the Jaw Crusher from overloads and in conjunction with maintenance- and lubricant-free sliding bearings guarantees a long service life.
alloys, basalt, cement clinker, ceramics, chamotte, coal, coke, construction materials, feldspar, glass, granite, minerals, ores, oxide ceramics, quartz, rocks, silicon, slag, ...
- excellent crushing performance
- wear compensation with zero-point adjustment
- infinitely gap width setting
- overload protection
- wide range of materials for contamination free grinding
- no-rebound feed hopper with quick-release clamp
- brake motor with safety switch
- easy-to-clean crushing chamber
- continuous grinding
- connector for dust extraction
- maintenance- and lubricant-free sliding bearings
- suitable for integration in automatic installations
- special version for grinding semi-conductor materials
|Applications||coarse and pre-crushing|
|Field of application||chemistry / plastics, construction materials, engineering / electronics, environment / recycling, geology / metallurgy, glass / ceramics|
|Feed material||medium-hard, hard, brittle, tough|
|Size reduction principle||pressure|
|Material feed size*||< 90 mm|
|Final fineness*||< 2 mm|
|Material of grinding tools||manganese steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, steel 1.1750 (for heavy-metal free grinding)|
|Jaw width||90 x 90 mm|
|Gap width setting||0 - 30 mm|
|Gap width display||scale|
|Zero point adjustment||yes|
|Dust extraction unit||yes|
|Maintenance- and lubricant-free sliding bearing||yes|
|Process line version||optional|
|Collector capacity||5 l|
|Drive||1-phase motor / 3-phase motor|
|Drive power||1.5 kW|
|Electrical supply data||different voltages|
|Power connection||1-phase / 3-phase|
|Protection code||IP 54|
|W x H x D closed||450 x 1160 x 900 mm|
|Net weight||~ 300 kg|
*depending on feed material and instrument configuration/settings
The Jaw Crusher BB 200 is a robust and powerful forced-feed crusher. The feed material passes through the no-rebound hopper and enters the crushing chamber. Size reduction takes place in the wedgeshaped area between the fixed crushing arm and one moved by an eccentric drive shaft. The elliptical motion crushes the sample which then falls under gravity.
As soon as the sample is smaller than the discharge gap width, it falls into a removable collector within the Jaw Crusher. The continuous gap width setting with scale ensures optimum size reduction in accordance with the set gap width.
What is the size of the gap between breaking jaws and wearing plates of BB 100, BB 200 and BB 300?
BB 200: The gap is 1 mm on the right and on the left side.
BB 300: The gap is 2 mm on the right and on the left side. However, it changes when the jaws shifts.
For example: when the jaw moves 1 mm to the left, the gap on the right is 3 mm.
• Gap has to be completely closed by hand (only when the machine is not running!)
• Then open it again a bit (about 2-3 mm) and start machine. This is important to prevent the jaws from hitting against each other when the machine is started (tungsten carbide and zirconium oxide would break!)
• Close gap very slowly and carefully until you can hear/feel a first contact between the two jaws.
• Is the scale showing the zero point? If not, you need to adjust it!
BB 50 with digital setting: in principle the gap width adjustment is the same as for the BB 100, 200 or 300. The difference is the display instead of the scale, press zero when you feel /hear the contact.
Is it recommendable to always start with the minimum gap for pre-crushing?
Never feed a sample to the jaw crusher if the machine is not running. Don't stop the machine as long as sample material is inside the grinding chamber, as the jaws may block. It is better to open the gap to allow the sample to fall down.
A general rule:
To produce 10 mm particles, the gap size should be set at 5 mm if the sample tends to breaking into narrow plates. Moreover, only the minimum gap width is specified; however, during the jaw's movement the gap is necessarily opened.
Do BB 200 and BB 300 have automatic lubrication?
What is the best method to clean grinding tools?
Suitable cleaning materials are:
Ball Mills, Disc Mills, Jaw Crushers, Mortar Grinders: Glass or quartz sand, a few additional drops of ethanol or propanol might help
Jaw Crusher: Stones
Rotor Mills: Dry noodles or rice
Cutting Mills: Wooden pellets
Which of the Jaw Crushers have dust extraction?