Endecotts Bostwick Standard Consistometer, Stainless Steel Construction, 24 cm Trough Length
Standard Consistometer ZXCON-CON1
- Trough Length 24 cm
- 48 graduations x 0.5 cm
- Overall length 35.5 cm x width 8.3 cm x height x 10.4 cm
- 316 Food Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Engraved Graduations (0.5cm divisions) • Portable and easily cleaned
- Accepts up to 100 ml of sample
- Spring loaded gate prevents premature flowing of sample
- Complies to R-81294D & ASTM F1080-93
|Application||checking laboratory or production samples against consistency, viscosity or flow rate standards|
|Length||standard version: 355 mm
extended version: 414 mm
|Trough length||standard version: 240 mm
extended version: 300 mm
|Width||standard version: 84 mm
extended version: 84 mm
|Height||standard version: 110 - 139 mm
extended version: 110 - 139 mm
The Consistometer is a low cost, durable, instrument for accurately checking laboratory or production samples against consistency, viscosity or flow rate standards.
It uses little bench space and is yet probably the simplest, most accurate method of conducting a variety of flow associated tests. It is already widely used in the chemical, paint, cosmetic and food processing industries.
The consistometer provides a single parameter for a variety of flow tests which can be carried out over any period under as near identical conditions as possible.
The Consistometer or Bostwick Consistometer is manufactured from stainless steel engraved with a series of precise graduations at 0.5 cm intervals.
To ensure accurate reproducibility, the instrument is levelled using the adjustment screws and spirit level.
- Low cost
- Ease of use
- Suitable for a variety of tests
- Provides a consistent platform for test
- Requires up to 100 ml of sample
- Stainless steel construction
- Engraved graduations for accurate results
- Leveling screws and spirit level enable accurate set up
- Available as standard or extended version
- A measured sample up to 100 ml, is placed in the reservoir behind the gate of the consistometer.
- The gate is released, by pressing the lock release lever - the spring action ensures it opens instantaneously.
- As the fluid flows down the instrument its progress can be accurately measured using the graduated scale. By comparing the flow rate to specified time periods the physical properties of the sample can be calculated.
- Tomato Sauces (paste, ketchup, puree, etc.)
- Preserves (jams, jellies, etc.)
- Baby Foods
- Salad Dressings
- Cheese sauces
- Batters, cake mixes
- and others
- Epoxy Removers
- Polyurethane Paint
- Mil Spec R-81294B
- Flow Base Creams
- Selected Solvents
- Viscous Liquids