Edwards Vacuum A65501903 RV12 Two Stage Rotary Vane Pump, 115/230V, 1-ph, 50/60Hz, Factory set to 230V for Europe
The Edwards RV series of oil sealed rotary vane pumps are unique in their capability to offer both high vacuum and high throughput performance, which combined with ultra-low noise levels and excellent gas ballast facility, makes them ideal for a wide range of applications and environments. These are available with speeds ranging from 3 to 12 m3/hr.
| 50Hz||14.2 m3h-1 / 8.4 ft3min-1|
| 60Hz||17 m3h-1 / 10 ft3min-1|
|Speed (Pneurop 6602)|| |
| 50Hz||12 m3h-1 / 7.1 ft3min-1|
| 60Hz||14.2 m3h-1 / 8.4 ft3min-1|
|Ultimate pressure||2 x 10-3 mbar / 1.5 x 10-3 Torr|
|Ultimate pressure GB I||3 x 10-2 mbar / 2.3 x 10-2 Torr|
|Ultimate pressure GB II||6 x 10-2 mbar / 4.6 x 10-2 Torr|
|Ultimate pressure with Fomblin®||2 x 10-2 mbar / 1.5 x 10-2 Torr|
|Max inlet pressure for water vapour||32 mbar / 24 Torr|
|Max water vapour pumping rate – GB I||60 gh-1|
|Max water vapour pumping rate – GB II||220 gh-1|
|Max allowed outlet pressure||0.2 bar gauge / 2.8 psig|
|Max allowed inlet and gas ballast pressure||0.5 bar gauge / 7 psig|
|Motor power 50/60Hz||450 / 550W|
|Power connector 1-ph||IEC EN60320 C13|
|Nominal rotation speed 50/60Hz||1500 / 1800rpm|
|Weight (without oil)||29 kg / 63.8 lb|
|Oil capacity min/max||0.65 / 1 litres|
|Recommended oil||Ultragrade 19|
|Noise level||48 dB(A) @ 50 Hz|
|Operating temperature range||12 – 40 °C|
Features and Benefits
- High reliability – generous lubrication of moving parts.
- Safe process and systems – fast acting inlet valve for best in class anti‑suck back protection.
- Configured to meet your vacuum needs – mode selector and two-position gas ballast.
- No unplanned downtime – designed for easy maintenance.
- Better work environment – quiet running and intrusive frequencies minimised.
- Two-position gas ballast allows either 60 g/hr or a class-leading 220 g/hr (290 g/hr on RV12) of water vapour to be handled.
- Universal motor to cover the widest possible voltage and frequency range from a single variant.
- Smooth controlled inlet valve opening by oil pressure to eliminate pressure surges.
- Rapid closing inlet valve within 0.4 seconds of pump stopping.
All RV pumps are approved to UL and CSA standards by an external test house and feature our unique mode selector switch, meaning one model is suitable for both high vacuum or high throughput applications. In summary, you can rest assured that when you choose an Edwards RV oil-sealed rotary vane pump you are choosing a product you can rely on from a company you can trust.
The pumps have the unique ability to deliver excellent ultimate vacuum in both high vacuum and high throughput modes with or without gas ballast. This gives the user an unrivalled opportunity to select the optimum pumping performance without compromising the application.
In its high vacuum mode, the RV pump is ideal for analytical instruments, electron microscopes, physics research, backing turbopumps and leak detection applications. Configure the same pump in the high throughput mode, and it becomes suitable for distillation, laboratory furnaces, backing vapor pumps, solvent concentration, freeze-drying and other drying applications.
The simple to use mode selector and accessible, three-position gas ballast control allow the pump to be reconfigured at any time, even when the pump is running.
- Analytical instruments
- Centrifuges, ultra-high-speed
- Degassing/curing - oil, epoxy resin
- Freeze drying
- Gas bottle filling/emptying
- Gel drying
- Glove boxes, ovens
- Laboratory benchtop vacuum
- Leak detectors, Helium
- Load locks and transfer chambers
- Refrigeration manufacture
- Research and development
- Rotary, centrifugal evaporators
- Scanning electron microscopes - SEM
- SEM/FIB (ion beam repair)
- Solvent recovery
- Surface science instruments
- Turbomolecuar backing pumps